[K12OSN] Not getting the network boot

Hello.

Just starting out here, some may have seen my "Linux at our school" post.

I thank you all for your responses, and have decided that the project has merit and a test is necessary. With that in mind, I've gotten hold of several older generation PC's (diskless) from someone throwing them out. I have a pretty strong PC that could act as a test server for a small test project. I've downloaded the 2.1.2 & 3.0 images, and burned them on CD's for install. I thought I'd do 3.0. Yes?

I'm not understanding the network boot part. Do I need "special" ethernet cards on the clients? What are currently in the donated PC's are Netgear, Kingston, and who knows what. I haven't looked at all. So, do I need special cards, or will these work? I've read some material about rom-o-matic, but I'm not quite getting it.

Advice? Thanks.

Jeff Pearson