RE: [K12OSN] Not getting the network boot

OK. So I went to the romomatic site, and got the image for a FA311. eb-5[1].1.5-fa311.zdsk is the file. On a windows system, I use rawrite to write it to a floppy. I take that floppy, and use it to boot the client? Just like that?

Jeff
-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-admin redhat com [mailto:k12osn-admin redhat com]On Behalf Of Caleb Wagnon
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 2:06 PM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: RE: [K12OSN] Not getting the network boot

Rom-o-matic (etherboot) is it. You can PXE boot or you can Etherboot terminals. Generally, PXE enabled network cards are gonna run you a little more money so most people etherboot when they’re using old machines. Basically speaking, you’ve got a bootable floppy disk with your specific drivers. It boots your machine, loads the driver to get your nic up and going, and immediately starts searching for a server to boot from. Go to http://k12ltsp.org/clients.html and scroll down to “Making Boot Disks for Legacy PCs” and there will be a how-to to get you started.

Caleb Wagnon, MCP
Fordyce School District
Office of Technology
Fordyce, Arkansas 71742
(870) 352-2968

Linux...
"Find out what you've been missing while you've been rebooting Windows"