RE: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 3.0 and VNC server

Eric,

     Thank you very much for the advice on this issue. Yesterday, I was
reading a news article about the city of Houston TX ditching MS Office in
favor of Slimdesk (a thin client office suite) and somewere in reading the
talkback section, by strange coincidence, I stumbled upon this site:

http://www.workspot.com

...where they have a full blown version of VNC running in a web browser with
all the bells and whistles that many of us are looking for. So I dug a
little deeper and found that they have released their modified VNC client
apps for Linux and Mac, but what I find interesting is this part at
http://www.workspot.org/vnc/ where they say:

"both the Linux & Macintosh VNC viewer clients have been modified so that
they can be started up as browser helper apps. (The Windows client already
contains code to do so.) That lets our users click a link in the browser to
automatically start up a VNC session using the native client: the browser
downloads a VNC config file and then starts up the VNC viewer client which
reads the config file to get the connection information (host, port,
password, etc.)"

Am I reading this right in that all you need to do for the windows java app
is to somehow serve a VNC config file to the browser first and that passes
the viewer all the parameters it needs so you get to skip the default
"blank" password issue and such?

In their faq section there is also mention of them running this stuff in a
cluster. Sounds like what some of us are trying to accomplish.

Anyway, I signed up so I can give it a spin and I'm waiting for my login
info to arrive. When it does, I'll try it out and let you know how it all
works/looks. I'll post some screenies also if anyone's interested.

-Rick