[K12OSN] GNOME memory calculation

I did some (highly unscientific) measuring of memory usage when considering a (LTSP/GNOME desktop) multi user situation on one machine. The results are avaiable in OpenOffice Calc format at:

http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch/Memoryusage_GNOME.sxc
(right-click and choose "Save as..")

Processes not related to GNOME (or the specific applications) were not taken in consideration, and their memory consumption should thus be added for a more proper figure.

Note:
The "* 1" number is the amount of shared memory used by each process, and the "* N" is the amount of extra memory each new child process consumes (assumed that I understand the Linux memory model properly...)

The measuring was done on RH8.0 (the "null" beta).

Regards,
- Mikael

Här börjar internet!
Skaffa gratis e-mail och gratis internet på http://www.spray.se