Re: [K12OSN] s3 trio64v

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Harrison" <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us>
To: <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] s3 trio64v

> On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Kjetil Knudsen wrote:
>
> >The s3 trio 64v worked perfectly on my ltsp clients until I upgraded to
redhat 8.0. I have tried everything but I can`t get these cards to work with
16 bit color. They only work with 256 colors now. I have set up the lts.conf
withe the proper XF86_S3 server. Ragardles of what I do, this card will not
work with 16 bit colors on the clients. (redhat 8.0). What to do? Any
Suggestions?

> The XF86_S3 driver is the exact same binary in both K12LTSP 2.1 & 3.0.
>
> Rather than using the old XFree 3.3.6 driver, try specifying the XFree 4
> driver:
>
> XSERVER = s3
>
> -Eric

 I have tried this without any luck. The strange thing is that the redhat
server works fine with this card, but the clients don`t. Unfortunally we
have a lot of clients with the s3 trio64v card.

Kjetil