[K12OSN] LDAP server size...

Anyone that is running an LDAP server to authenticate all users -- what kind of server load is on the LDAP machine itself? I have about 1500 users that need to have accounts... Since we are a macintosh school, extra intel hardware is scarce... What is the minimum specs for such a machine? I guess I'm asking, how "lightweight" is the L in LDAP? :)

Thanks for any feedback,
-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers