[K12OSN] Locked up server

Anyone ever see a server lock up on reboot or local user logoff?

What's happening is if I issue the "reboot" command from a terminal
client or if I log in locally to the server and then logout.. the screen
will go black and the keyboard will just blink the CAPS LOCK and SCROLL
LOCK lights on and off until I hit the reset button.

Anyone ever seen this before?

Any ideas?  Hardware issues?  Software Settings?

~ Matt