[K12OSN] {RE} Expansion of LTSP

I am not a big network guy, so I don't know about the hardware.  One thing you will want to watch for though is all the "dot" files in linux .  If someone has "show hidden files" in their windows setting (like I do) they are going to see LOTS of hidden files.  Also the fact that Linux apps (on the most part) do not automatically add the 3 letter extension, could lead to some trouble as well.

I know that these both small issues in your setting, and a little thought or training could answer these issues.  To help keep down on the hidden files, I keep the Windows Share in a directory (My_Docs) within the user's HOME folder.  I know that these are what the user sees, and leads them to liking / or disliking the system.
http://www.linuxmail.org/