Re: [K12OSN] {RE} Expansion of LTSP

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 7:53 am, Calvin Dodge wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 09:10:42PM +0800, Kevin Squire wrote:
> > I know that these both small issues in your setting, and a little thought
> > or training could answer these issues.  To help keep down on the hidden
> > files, I keep the Windows Share in a directory (My_Docs) within the
> > user's HOME folder.  I know that these are what the user sees, and leads
> > them to liking / or disliking the system.
>
> You can configure Samba to hide dot files completely.
>
> Would that help?
>
> Calvin

Thanks guys. I'm not really worried about the software part, linux and samba
are versatile enough to solve issues like that. I'm concerned more with
hardware at the moment. I'll also play with LDAP when I get around to it.

--
Caleb Wagnon, MCP
Office of Technology

Linux...
"Find out what you've been missing while you've been rebooting Windows"