[K12OSN] nfs not responding error

Hello, I'm new here and just started playing with the K12OS. I've got
3.0.0 installed on my server and everything appears to be in order. When
my client boots up it pulls the kernel and boots up, gets an ip via dhcp
and mounts  /opt/ltsp/i386 then spits this out:

"doing pivot_root
nfs: 172.16.0.5 not responding, still waiting"

and hangs forever.
I've gone through all the docs on www.ltsp.org and all my services
appear to be functioning properly according to that info.

Has anyone run into this before? Any idea what could be causing this or
what I'm doing wrong?

-steven collins