RE: [K12OSN] help with information on linux networking system

>>What features would we lose by using a Linux network filesystem instead of
>>a Novell network filesystem.
>
>The main feature is that Novell has a directory server built in, so it
>is more than just a file/print server.
>
>Account management, file permissions, setting up shares, and the like are
>all different than they are in the Novell world. NDS is available for
>Linux, but I've never used it or seen it in action.
>
>-Eric

I haven't made a linux box pretend to be a novell box but I have made a
linux workstation connect to a novell server. It wasn't terribly difficult
but novell uses some special file permissions not supported on linux. The
basic file permissions are translatable though.

Aaron