[K12OSN] Gnome 2 and redhat 8.0 menu-editing

What is wrong with the menuediting function in Gnome 2 running under redhat 8.0???. I have read the Gnome 2 documentation that describes menuediting very good. But nothing of this seems to work on my k12-3.0 installation!!. It is impossible to add or remove icons in the menu. This function is essential for a dynamic school environment. Is this a bug in redhat 8.0?

Kjetil Knudsen