Re: [K12OSN] nfs not responding error

On 28 Jan 2003, steven collins wrote:

>Hello, I'm new here and just started playing with the K12OS. I've got
>3.0.0 installed on my server and everything appears to be in order. When
>my client boots up it pulls the kernel and boots up, gets an ip via dhcp
>and mounts  /opt/ltsp/i386 then spits this out:
>
>"doing pivot_root
>nfs: 172.16.0.5 not responding, still waiting"
>
>and hangs forever.
>I've gone through all the docs on www.ltsp.org and all my services
>appear to be functioning properly according to that info.
>
>Has anyone run into this before? Any idea what could be causing this or
>what I'm doing wrong?
>
>-steven collins

Given the non-default IP range, you might have a non-default (or NEED
a non-default) firewall and/or /etc/exports configuration. Make sure
that you don't have yourself firewalled off and that /etc/exports
contains entries for 172.16.0.0/24 (or whatever the IP range is).

Be sure to check /var/log/messages and /var/log/secure for hints.

If I had to bet, I'd guess that you have NFS firewalled off.

-Eric