[K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] GNOME menu

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, John McCreesh wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:44:32 -0600
>"Jerome Edwards LISD" <edwardsj leonardisd org> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone explain how to edit the GNOME menu items (i.e. add or remove
>> icons in the games folder) for all workstations? Using K12LTSP / Redhat 8.0.
>
>Ah yes, that's one bit of code that the boys and girls at RedHat forgot
>to write. If you want to hack a lot of text files there's a HOW-TO at
>http://www.bluethingy.com/linux/rh8menu.html.
>
>I haven't checked if they've got anything more elegant in 8.1 beta...

I installed the second 8.1 beta (v8.0.93) on my laptop on Friday. I have not
had a chance to use it much yet, but Shahms King and I sat down just after
the install finished and we ripped through our "top 10 stupid things in
Gnome 2.0" list and at first glance all of them had been fixed. The two
biggies are that 1) menu editing works and 2) the "Extra's" menu is gone,
replaced with much more sane sub-menus.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the printing sub-system is being
completely revised in a much more user-friendly fashion as well.

-Eric