Re: [K12OSN] rsyncing passwords

The only peice of the puzzle left for me today is to get squid to authenticate from the list of local users... I can get it to work fine if squid sets up it's own list of users, but I need it to authenticate from PAM, and the pam_auth doesnt' seem to work for me. I don't think that one will be too difficult to figure out though. :)

to comment on the squid authentication.

Here's the pertinent section from my squid.conf file:

authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth
authenticate_children 9
authenticate_ip_ttl 60 seconds
acl domainusers proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow domainusers all

then in /etc/pam.d/squid the following rules are in place:

auth required /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account required /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account required /lib/security/pam_listfile.so item=user sense=deny file=/etc/wwwgroup

the file /etc/wwwgroup is just a quick way for me to pull a student's internet access. If the userid is in wwwgroup (just a flat file 1/line) they are not allowed access. Otherwise if they have a valid userid/password they are in.

-- -- Scott Sherrill Technology Coordinator Hancock Public Schools Hancock, MI http://www.hancock.k12.mi.us