[K12OSN] Re: Squidguard not blocking

First off thanks to all for the rsyncing passwords issue. I'm going to try today. :)

With squidguard -- I *JUST* installed the same setup, the only difference is that after I installed LTSP3.0.0, I apt-get'd squidguard, and it got the rpm from Eric's archive. I assume it is the same package as on the CD though.

I hate to sound simplistic, but have you restarted squid? (one of many ways, killall -HUP squid, or service squid restart, etc) If so, I would try to run the /usr/sbin/update_squidguard_I_forget_the_exact_name program... It rsyncs a new list, and rebuilds the databases...

Other than that... I'm stumped. It works for me really well. There are plenty of helpful skilled folks here though, hopefully someone has some more technical advice

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director