[K12OSN] Checking for Group Membership

Red Hat Linux release 7.3
Kernal: 2.4.18-3smp

I'm developing and modifying various script files.  I have the need to determine if a user is a member of a specific group, and then do some action(s) based upon the outcome.

How would I do this with an "if...then" test or "case" statement, or is there some other clever way?

Thanks.

Larry Mateo
Network Technician II
Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District
larrym fsusd k12 ca us