Re: [K12OSN] .xsession-errors

Steve Wright wrote:
btw, to skip through your users directories quickly, do ;

# sudo du -sm /home/*

Please read `man du` before you execute it as root. 8-/ trust no one who says sudo this, and sudo that.

Given that we know it is the .xsession-errors file in this case,

# du -sh /home/*/.xsession-errors

would be quite a bit faster. "du -sm /home/*" takes a while to run against my 2000 student users' home directories. ;-)

BTW, I've had the .xsession-errors fill up a drive also. I'm currently deleting them freqently a la Eric's suggestion. I'll try and grab the fuser/ps output too.

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District