[K12OSN] could not open default font

I have just set up my k12ltsp 3.0 application server. The clients boot up just fine when the xserver in the lts.conf is set up as "auto". But when I try to set the xserver to XF86_S3 in the lts.conf (We have a lot of machines with the s3tio64v chipset), the client crashes with the following messages: "Fatal server error. Could not open default font fixed" All clients with a concrete xserver get this message (for example:XF86_SVGA and XF86_S3). All the clients with the unspecified xserver (auto) works just fine. I would be grateful for any help on this matter........

Kjetil Knudsen