Re: [K12OSN] migrating users' mail to ltsp

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Robert Harrelson wrote:

>As part of our effort to move a bunch of win9x workstations to ltsp, I'm
>going to need to move users' existing mail over. In many cases it is A
>LOT of mail. Current clients are probably split between Netscape and
>Outlook Express.
>
>Any thoughts on the best way to accomplish this would be most welcome.
>
>Thanks.

Both Netscape and Outlook Express support IMAP. Setup IMAP on the server
and have the users drag-and-drop mail from the old server to the new
server.

Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn't. It all depends on your
users and what the old mail server is. Try it, if it doesn't work for
you post the details and we'll see if we can up with a work-around.

-Eric