Re: [K12OSN] screensavers

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

> Guys,
>         the really sane way of dealing with screen savers is a total
> "disable and replace". What we really need is the bandwidth friendly true
> power down screen saver as the default. that saves the bandwidth,
> electricity and screen phosphors (or backlight on lcd). julius

Isn't it true that the X server runs on the client?

I don't really understand X well enough, but I wonder how hard it would
be to make the screensavers run on the client vs the server.  Is there a
way to make the X server responsible for screensaver activation &
screensaving instead of the X client?

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
A great mind thinks alike.