Re: [K12OSN] Re: Censorship lives!

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Kyle Herbert wrote:

>Steve Wright posted earlier regarding the use of ltsp_initialize to strip
>out the inappropriate screensavers.  Perhaps that is for the best ... one
>step beyond my own thought of publicizing the steps administrators would use
>to remove the screensavers themselves.  Is ltsp_initialize called during an
>ISO image install of K12LTSP?

It is called during the an install of K12LTSP (network installs as well
as ISO installs) or during an upgrade if the installer finds that the
ltsp_core package is currently installed.

You can always run it by hand as well.

>Unfortunately ... I don't know Perl ... so I am at a loss as to how to
>contribute to the solution ...  How to proceed?

I'll work on it later today.

For those yelling "Censorship!", get a grip. Altering the default
configuration is not censorship.  If _you_ don't like it, change it -
that is freedom.

-Eric