Re: [K12OSN] Local CDs as well as floppies

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 00:06, Derek Harding wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the rpm to allow local floppy access on a thin client (which I
> have still to impliment!) but how do I arrange local cd access to
> allow music to be played etc?
>
> I am endeavouring to create a demonstration package which I can take
> to small businesses as well as schools.
>
> --
> Best wishes,
> Derek

This is one of the most FAQs.  And, unfortunately, the answer is still
"not yet."  It is *possible* to get it working, all it takes is a the
work to get the various pieces packaged and some scripts to tie it all
together.  It's not very high on Eric's TODO list, if I remember
correctly (he's a *very* busy man), and while I promised him I'd work on
it, I'm a very lazy man ;-) and haven't gotten around to it.

The how of doing it involves using the "network block device" (included
in the stock redhat kernels, I think) or the "enhanced network block
device" which requires patching both ltsp and terminal server kernels.
So, while it is possible, it's not really very easy.

--
Shahms King <shahms shahms com>