Re: [K12OSN] Uh...um....

--- cwagnon redbugmail k12 ar us wrote:
>  > These happen when:
> >
> > a) You have installed SpamAssasin
> > b) The disk space where the spam is stored is full
>
> Thanks for the info. I think I've tracked the problem down to a perl
> script I have running. I do have spamassassin running but disk space
> isn't
> an issue. I just install everything on one partition so I don't have to
> worry about that. Thanks again.
>
> --
> Caleb Wagnon MCP A+
> Network Administrator
> Fordyce School District
> Fordyce, AR 71742
> 870.352.2968

FWIW, you might consider a different partition schema (especially for a
server) such as seperate / /boot /home /var /tmp /usr (and swap obviously)
partitions.  If everything is on / you run the risk of losing your user's
/home documents & config files if something goes amiss and the filesystem
becomes corrupted...

If one of your services (mailserver for instances) starts running amok on
the /var partition, it can only eat up that partition, it shouldn't bring
your whole box down...

http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/partition.html
(An older how-to but the descriptions are still valid for today, IMO.)

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
(The Filesystem Hierarchy Standard for *nix systems)

James Jensen