Re: [K12OSN] Uh...um....

> FWIW, you might consider a different partition schema (especially for a
> server) such as seperate / /boot /home /var /tmp /usr (and swap obviously)
> partitions.  If everything is on / you run the risk of losing your user's
> /home documents & config files if something goes amiss and the filesystem
> becomes corrupted...

I can see the benefits of this. I guess everyone has to pick their poison.
We have a dedicated server that we rsync backups to. I may be wrong, but I
believe Redhat 8.0 and below have the schema similar to what you suggest
by default on a server install. I noticed that the default on 9 is /boot,
/, and swap.

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+
Network Administrator