[K12OSN] Oregon, the unknown capital of openSource?

I recently asked fellow list member Quentin Hartman, "How were you guys [in
Oregon] able to bring about such massive change from the usual Mac and/or
Wintel to GNU/Linux in schools?"

Today we find this very topic being discussed on slashdot:

With the relevant article:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6970&mode=thread&order=0

Take notice K12OSN Oregonians!  You're leading the GNU/Linux charge.

And, it looks like Texas may be interested in following in your footsteps!
San Antonio would be a very nice location for the formerly proposed K12OSN
conference <hint hint> ;-)

James Jensen