[K12OSN] Samba Problem - NOT!

Talk about eat up with the dumb!

My little samba problem on eth2 was, as I suspected, not a samba problem at all. Samba was working just fine. It was a classic case of operator myopia!

I run Zone Alarm on all my Windows pcs and it was blocking access to all subnets but 192.168.1.0/24. When I changed that setting to be a bit more inclusive everything worked like a charm. Like duh!

There is nothing like airing one's stupidity in a public forum to teach one the lessons of true humility!

MY LESSON FOR TODAY: When troubleshooting network glitches, always check the firewall settings! (Like what sysadmin who would not?)

Humbly yours,

Dan