Re: [K12OSN] Too weird for words - Epia-V mobo problem and solution

Chris Hobbs wrote:

The reason they won't boot properly? The mobo doesn't draw enough power, so the power supply shuts down! I thought the tech guy was nuts, but as soon as I plugged a hard drive onto the power cable, the box boots flawlessly.

Yep, these things will run on a car battery for a week. Or a gell-cell for about ten hours.

So now, I get to order a bunch of 4-pin power connectors and a bunch of resistors and build some dummy loads for my terminals. Unreal.

or add some neon tubes.. 8-))

/sw