Re: [K12OSN] Too weird for words - Epia-V mobo problem and solution

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/alarmandaccesories/accessories/popups/index1Aloadresistr.htm

> Thanks for the link - experimenting shows that I only need to add an
> additional ~120mA of load. Adding a full amp would be way overkill.
>
> Nicely enough, the dummy you linked to is easy to duplicate. The Arcol
> power
> resistor they're using is available (cheaply) for about $1.20 each
> through
> mouser. Hunting around for Molex connectors, heat shrink tubing, and wire
>
> brings the total materials cost to $2.14 each. Add another $1.00 each for
>
> labor (since we're doing 65 of them, we'll get an assembly line going),
> and
> we're at about half the price. I can also then get exactly the load that
> want (240mA will give me enough cushion to be happy, without wasting too
> much energy).
>
> I knew that ham radio license study would come in handy :)

I liked Steve's idea of neon tubing/case modding. ;-)

Sounds like you have the project well under control.  1 amp would be a
little warm, eh? LOL!

James Jensen