Re: [K12OSN] Web problem

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Jack wrote:

> Has anyone had the problem of the desktop locking up and exiting after
> browsing around the web for awhile?  I'm having my wife put 3.1 thru its
> paces.  So far everything works great but she has lost her desktop a few
> times while browsing the web for a bit.  She is using Mozilla to get around.
> To get her out of it I usually have her just power off the workstation and
> power back on.  It works normally after that but eventually it will lock up
> again.

How much ram in the workstation ?

I'll bet you are running out, and the kernel goes on a killing spree
and usually picks the Xserver because it is the biggest consumer of
ram on the workstation.

Try turning on NFS-SWAP, and see if that takes care of it.

I will bet money that fixes the problem.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org