[K12OSN] hung on kernal ..........

I just finished a fresh installation of LTSP 3.1.1.  I formatted all drives and have not yet messed with any configuration.  When I turn on any of my thin clients they are unable to load the kernel from the server.  No errors are shown and the server logs the request from the workstation ( /var/log/messages ).  On a previous installation attempt (3.1.1) I have tried changing the default kernel, and changing the kernel for individual workstations after assigning specific IP's.  As you may have guessed I was unable to assign specific IP's making the second attempt very futile.  I should also add that the thin clients worked very well with both LTSP 3.0 and 3.1.0.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Kale Schaub
Montana Tech