RE: [K12OSN] Accelerated Reader - Crossover Office?

We are having the same problem here at our school system.  The X Window
System does not seem to allow a directory to be selected as in MS Windows.
It is expecting a file, but AR needs the directory, not a file.  Does anyone
out there know how to modify wine or possibly X Windows (Gnome or KDE
graphical desktop) to accept such an input?

As soon as we are able to have AR working in LTSP and Linux we will be ready
to roll out Linux-based AR systems throughout our 1200 PC LAN.  A solution
to this problem would be big news to us and the entire East Central Indiana
region, as many schools around us are exploring the prospects of using Linux
but cannot continue because of this issue.

Shawn Iverson
Technology Associate
New Castle Community School Corporation
765-593-6691