Re: [K12OSN] hung on kernal ..........

> On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Kale Schaub wrote:
>

> > I just finished a fresh installation of LTSP 3.1.1.? I formatted all
> > drives and have not yet messed with any configuration.? When I turn on
> > any of my thin clients they are unable to load the kernel from the
> > server.?

 Possible: from a terminal, type in simply, 'dhcpd'. If all is well, it gives a
nice output, if any errors, it will try to tell you, as well. Might be worth a
look - as well, (I'm a horrible newbie) have learned to do:

 service nfs stop [ok, or fail?]
 service nfs start [ok] 3 of these ...

 service xinetd stop [ok]
 service xinetd start [ok]

 service dhcpd stop [get lots of 'fails' here, as in, it's not up ]
 service dhcpd stop [ok, or fail?]

 Additionally, (if installed) nmap, and then, nmapfe will give you a quick
scan, see what's running. Select UDP ... else, tcpdump will at least give you
some clue as to what's going on.

 /b