Re: [K12OSN] Re: $30 X Terminal

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

>> 12MB RAM - (4MB soldered, 2 SIMM slots supporting up to 32MB non-parity
>> memory total)
>>
>> Will K12LTSP client (ver 3.1.1.) work on 32 MB.?  I have read that the
>> minimum is 64MB.
>
>This doesn't use the K12LTSP client.  It won't run any version of Linux
>that I'm aware of.  It has it's own built-in X-Server.  The memory should
>be fine, the problem would be what version of X11 it's running, and what
>extensions it supports.

I played with one of these HDS ViewStations a while back. The one I had
used a i960 processors (uClinux can run on this, but not the stock "real"
Linux kernel).

It also needed to TFTP boot, it's own built-in X-Server was not in ROM.
The one I got my hands on did not include this software, so it was only
useful as a paper weight.

-Eric