Re: [K12OSN] Privacy vs vendor support

Eric Harrison wrote:

One of the interesting problems we face when talking with vendors is that they ask for number of users. Since it's open source, we don't
really have any idea. We can tell them how many downloads we've had off
our servers, but not off the various mirrors, or how many have been
burned onto CDs and handed out, etc, etc.

<dumb question> Why do vendors want to know how many users ?

/steve