Re: [K12OSN] Privacy vs vendor support

On 3 Jul 2003, Brian Fahrlander wrote:

>     OH: beware the Linux support company!  Once you get a handful of
> clients you'll realize something hazardous: once installed and tuned to
> the user's needs, you won't see a service call for a long, long time.
> I've not had any billable hours in three months!  Just so ya know.

What, no monthly support contract, where they pay you whether they
call or not ?

Add some automated scripts so that their system sends you info,
like disk usage, and alerts when something is not normal.

Then, you send them an invoice with a nice report showing
how their server has been running.

This really can work.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org