Re: [K12OSN] Web problem

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 23:36, k12osn redhat com wrote:
> If you are using Gnome or KDE, and viewing websites with lots of
> graphics and various fonts, you will run out of ram with 32mb.

That is VERY good to know.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out why
the fat-clients in our 4th grade class crashed when they had big OO
presentations full of pictures.  Probably same reason.  They only have
16MB of RAM.  (Some have 32, but most have 16)

Will definately use NFS-Swap in the fall.  What kind of performance hit
are we talking?  And is it for ALL the time, or only when doing what
would normally cause a crash?

Thanks!

-Shawn

--