Re: [K12OSN] Change default WM

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, David Trask wrote:

>The last version I used had KDM as the primary login environment....3.01.
>Now it's back to GDM...right?  How do I do the following....

If you do an upgrade, it will remain at whatever you where using before
(i.e. KDM).

>Change back to KDM if I want to

edit /etc/sysconfig/desktop

for GDM:

	DISPLAYMANAGER="GNOME"

for KDM:

	DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"

>If I stay with GDM....how do I remove session choices...(I only want IceWM
>and Reset Desktop...available)

Session are in /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions.

Just remove (or preferably "chmod a-x") the ones you don't want to
appear.

>And...how do I set IceWM or any other for that matter as the default
>WM....always

Copy "IceWM" to "Default" if you want to force IceWM to be the default
choice.

-Eric