[K12OSN] Re: Change default WM

Hi David,

In /etc/sysconfig/desktop, set DISPLAYMANGER="GNOME' or ...="KDE"

In /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/ ypu can remove the shell scripts or as another list contributor wrote, and I did for sometime while experimenting, set the perms to 000 for the one you don't want listed. You can alos link Default to the WM of your choice.

<snip> The last version I used had KDM as the primary login environment....3.01. Now it's back to GDM...right? How do I do the following....

Change back to KDM if I want to

If I stay with GDM....how do I remove session choices...(I only want IceWM
and Reset Desktop...available)

And...how do I set IceWM or any other for that matter as the default
WM....always

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School