[K12OSN] NIS - Still...

Hi everyone,

I have been puzzling since the explanation that Daniel Button set me (Thanks, Daniel. I understand more now :-) ). After rebooting my apparently working NIS server and client, everything seemed to work on the client. A new user, added to the server, was able to log onto a client. All of the root rpc info troubleshooting and ypcat stuff came back positve, but only root using yppasswd,on the client can change passwords for other nis users. Common users can not change their own passwords using yppasswd.

The client responds with:

[I have no name! lib00 test3]$ yppasswd
yppasswd: can't find the master ypserver: Internal NIS error

So, I'm baffled.

The "internal nis error" must be something on the client, I suspect.

Thanks for any idea everyone,

Jim