Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP & Wine

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Tim Litwiller wrote:

> crossover office sets it up automatically - I'll set it up and look at
> the setting if you give me a day or two.
>
> but why would you want to use a browser that doesn't follow html
> rendering and css standards? Mozilla is so much faster and more accurate.
>
> Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
> >Matthew, I must be having an extended senior moment, but for the life of
> >me i just couldn't install ie on 2.x or 3.x k12 servers, and i *did8 go
> >through the stuff on wine.hq and through general google. all the posts
> >seemed to have "and the magic happens here" paragraph. i am very, very
> >much interested in getting ie 5.5 and/or 6.x going on the terminals.
> >julius

Tim, i need to use ie not by choice, but by force. some of the biggest
suppliers we use (GE, Rckwell - AB, Cutler- Hammer) are dumb enough to
demand ie instead of any browser. they seem to find failed accountants
that "learned" vb and have them create awflul web sites that the
distributors are obliged to use. AB is not as bad as others only because
there is a guy there that plays with linux, but they refuse to allow
access from anything newer than netscape 4.79. this effectively kills
correct font rendering. it is major pita and it gives our salespeople a
loophole to demand widoze instead of ltsp terminal. drives me up the wall.
julius