Re: [K12OSN] RE: openoffice and native language support in K12LTSP

> On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, kjetil knudsen wrote:
>
> >I have tried to include the codepage LANG= "nb_NO.ISO-8859-1". Openoffice
> >works very well with the norwegian interface, but the rest of redhat is
in
> >english. With LANG="no_NO.ISO-8859-1", redhat is in norwegian, but oo is
in
> >english. The norwegian oo package require LANG=nb_NO to run as supposed
to.
> >But Redhat don`t understand this LANG value. It will however work if I
right
> >click one of the oo icons and put in "env LANG=nb.NO
> >oowriter/oocalc/ooimpress". But I have to do this with every user to get
it
> >to work for everybody.. We are 700 users at our
school......................

> >Kjetil Knudsen
>
> Here's a quick, but less-dirty hack for you. OOo calls a wrapper script,
> /usr/bin/ooffice
>
> Add your LANG=nb_NO there and it will be global. Something like:
>
> if [ $LANG = "no_NO.ISO-8859-1" ]
> then
> LANG=nb_NO
> fi
>
> -Eric

Eric! You are the Man!!!!
If you ever come to Norway/Stavanger, I will definately buy you a bear. That
is a promise!
This has been a headache for several weeks now...
Thank you very much!!!!

Kjetil Knudsen