Re: [K12OSN] RHCE particulars

Brian Fahrlander <kilroy kamakiriad com> wrote:

rgh!  You lucky dog.  The last I heard it was like $2,000 (US) and
you had to drive/fly/teleport to NC to do it.
<<

It shouldn't be that much - or that far - these days, Brian. Check the RH
site and see what you can find out there. I only found out about the
discounted RHCE deal from their monthly "Under the Brim" email newsletter,
so it might pay to subscribe to that, too.

Thanks for the info. Maybe there's still time for me to put some
letters (and endorsement) behind my name.
<<

It probably matters more if you're a youngster starting out and applying
for sysadmin jobs, and not an old f*rt like me (and - if I'm reading
between the lines correctly, and I apologise if I'm not - you). The good
news is that the options for distance learning and certification are
getting better all the time - if you can find the time to pursue them. My
favourite, which I'm enrolled in, but having trouble getting work done for,
is: http://www.acs.org.au/certification/index.cfm . It's Masters-level, and
can actually lead to an MBA. I dare say some US organisations are doing
similar things.

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]