Re: [K12OSN] SIS 651 Xserver

On Saturday 05 July 2003 06:35, robert wrote:
> Hello All
> Having a problem with the above video card. I am getting a "No screens
> found" message and the flashing terminal.
> I have tried adding the "DRIVER = SIS" in lts.conf to no avail.
> I am not familiar with X windows and would appreciate any help offered.
> It is booting up getting an IP. I can see in the logs that it appears to
> getting ever-ting it needs except the video.
> Do you have to "activate" the lts.conf file after you have changed it? If
> so how? I have also been to xfree.org and looked up the card it seems that
> it is supported in the latest release of XWindows. I am using the latest
> and greatest K12LTSP..
> Bit  Stuck....

Robert:

Maybe you've just typed the wrong XFree86 driver name. Try to modify this line
in lts.conf:
XSERVER = sis (lower case).
You don't need to activate the lts.conf file after changing this.
If you want to see a complete list of the drivers available in the XFree86
4.2.x , search this directory:
/opt/ltsp/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/

I hope it can help:

Leonardo Jr.