Re: [K12OSN] Memory and K12LTSP kernel ?

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 05:20, Les Bell wrote:

> Actually, CD 1 has an RPM for kernel-bigmem-2.4.20-13.9.i686.rpm - that's
> the one that is compiled to access up to 64 GB of RAM.
>
> Now, slipping that one underneath the running "smallmem" kernel is a trick
> akin to whipping the tablecloth out from under a fully-laden table setting.
> It always works on TV, but you're only seeing the twelfth take. Here's what
> I would do:

[Snipped]

    I've played with this kinda problem before; trying to get the 'same
version' of the kernel onto a machine.

    Can't you apt-get an older kernel version, remove the current one,
then reload the 'bigmem' kernel and reboot from there?  Sure, while you
make the change you're on a slightly older kernel, but that shouldn't be
a problem...right?

    ...might save a lotta trouble...

ICQ  5119262