Re: [K12OSN] Memory and K12LTSP kernel ?

Brian Fahrlander <kilroy kamakiriad com> wrote:

Can't you apt-get an older kernel version, remove the current one,
then reload the 'bigmem' kernel and reboot from there?  Sure, while you
make the change you're on a slightly older kernel, but that shouldn't be
a problem...right?
<<

It might be do-able that way, Brian. The concern I have is loading any
required libraries while executing the RPM commands, when there's no
/lib/modules/2.4.20.* there. I think the longer way round is a little
safer.

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]