Re: [K12OSN] SSH, X, W98, and putty

Hummingbird is made by Exceed.

I would first check out Cygwin, though. Cygwin provides an X-Server for M$ Windows.

Sincerely,
Richard Black

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 10:20, Doug Simpson wrote:

There is no Xserver running that I know of on the w98 box. . . I just assumed that windows was an Xserver of sorts. . . guess not, huh?

Yeah, you can get Hummingbird for the PC; I have a friend who's used it and loves it...but then again, he has a much higher tolerance for MS than I do. I don't know who makes it, but look for "hummingbird" and "Linux" on Google; that should find it.

Good luck!