RE: [K12OSN] SSH, X, W98, and putty

I have use putty to forward X on a regular basis.  I have never tried using
cygwin/xfree with it, but i have used all three of the commercial clients
listed below.  of them, X-Win32 seems most stable for my needs, however it
has been a few years since I have used the exceed or mix clients.

I would assume that if you were going to try the cygwin/Xfree route, you
might as well use the cygwin ssh to do the port forwarding.

for connections over a slow link (less than 10MB/s), I would recommend going
with Putty and either VNC or TightVNC, these products are optimized for such
uses, and it keeps you in the realm of Opensource solutions.

here are some links to various X solutions for windows.

cygwin/XFree
http://www.cygwin.com/xfree/

Commercial X win clients for windows
Mix X server