Re: [K12OSN] Samba Problem

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Eric Harrison wrote:

<hmmm, I must have hit the wrong key... my text didn't seem to make it ;->

>On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, James Jensen wrote:

>>There used to be a way around this in the first editions of XP/Home, IIRC,
>>but it's gone now too.
>>
>>If Daniel's not trying to do a Samba PDC but simply implementing shares on
>>his GNU/Linux box, that should be do-able with XP/Home.  But as far as
>>joining an XP/Home machine account to a Samba (or M$) PDC--nope, in that
>>case it is XP/Pro or no go... <sigh>

One of my co-workers has XP/Home on his personal laptop. He can browse
our Samba server & connect to drives w/o a problem.

I'm pretty sure I didn't help, which means it didn't require any special
registry hacks or the like.

>>I loathe XP...

Yup.

-Eric