Re: [K12OSN] cost savings of Linux relative to M$ School License Agreement

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 09:30:30AM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to be able to show the Supt & Asst Supt's the cost savings
> we've realized by using linux on all our servers.
>
> The matrix below is my estimate of the M$ software licenses we would need

I just whipped up a tiny spread sheet based on Jeff Davis' posting.
There are two files attached, one is in OpenOffice calc format and one
is in Excel 95 format

files are School_sheet.sxc and School_sheet.xls

Each file is about 6K. (small)

If anyone wants to make additions/corrections I'll happily accept them
and I will be posting this tool on http://kinz.org for downloads.

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz kinz org
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an